Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Another one bites the dust

May the pro-life principles of Bart Stupak (D-Mich.) rest in peace. (HT to Creative Minority Report and Larry D).

From the Oct. 27 News/Talk 760 interview with Frank Beckmann:
"The president said there'd be no public funding for abortion, so we're just trying to hold him to his word...And we don't want to see abortion in the health care bill. It's not U.S. law and we don't want to change the law."
Beckmann asks him how tough it is to be a pro-life Democrat.
"Well, it's not easy, especially right now...My job is not to vote for legislation that has public funding for abortion." [emphasis mine]
But, in a Oct. 23 town hall meeting, he said he'll vote for the health care bill if it pays for abortion:


"Ok, if everything I want in a bill, the final bill, I like everything in the bill, except the public funding for abortion, and we have a chance to run our amendment and we lost. Ok, I voted my conscience, stayed true to my principles, stayed true to the beliefs of this district - would i vote for health care? Yes, I still would."
Sing it with me now:

Another one bites the dust
Another one bites the dust
And another one gone, and another one gone
Another one bites the dust
Hey, I'm gonna get you too
Another one bites the dust


No comments: